Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Pacifiers Are In: Do You Have Yours?

Ladies and gentlemen, here is my latest advice on how to be cool: get a pacifier. A baby's pacifier. Put it in your mouth and walk around with it in said mouth, in public. This is the way to achieve instant recognition as the coolest person on the block.

I learned this is the cool thing to do about two months ago, when I saw a girl of about 15 years of age walking down the hallway with one in her mouth. I did a double take. Yup, she had a pacifier in her mouth. I mentioned this to another teacher, and she was like "Oh no, they're bringing that back?" Apparently this was a fad that came and went some time ago. I had no idea. Perhaps this girl doesn't either. She's either out of the loop, and doesn't know that pacifiers for teens are definitely not cool anymore, or she is cutting edge and is way cool, as few have yet to get back into it. Maybe she's the first to reintroduce the trend? I have to say I haven't seen any more pacifier laden teens in the hallways since then. Nor have they wandered into my class yet! I mean, how awkward would that be, having to institute a "no pacifier" rule in class? Anyway, this random memory popped into my head, and I felt the urge to pass along the coolness tip to you. So be cool and get a pacifier!

And if you think I work in a zoo, apparently I do...

4 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

Isn't that BIZARRE?! Yes- I had heard of that strange trend. I guess that makes Aiden VERY hip- he has THREE pacifiers. :) ( Well - really four but one of them has been hiding for weeks.)

7:25 PM  
Blogger brilynne said...

Umm, I'm pretty sure pacifiers are related to drug culture, ecstasy to be specific. I guess it makes them clench their teeth or something. But it's probably not a cool trend.

7:47 PM  
Blogger brilynne said...

I bet Aiden doesn't have a drug problem, though. :)

7:47 PM  
Blogger redsoxwinthisyear said...

Brilynne, your knowledge of drug paraphernalia astonishes me!

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counters