Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Words that make the day

A student thanked me after class today for an assignment I gave, in which I had them pick a social issue they are concerned about and construct an argument about it. She picked an anti-abortion position (pro-life, as some like to call it). She told me she appreciated the assignment because she didn't really know a lot about it before, but that it pushed her to research and find reasons for her position. I'm not sure if this is heaven, but it has to be close. I mean, students thanking me for work I give them? If this trend of instant, positive feedback for teaching continues, I suppose a student next might give me an apple--better yet, Red Sox-Yankees tickets--for my efforts. (Hey, it might happen, right? One student informed me he's going to the game this Sunday. Feeling really jealous, I told him so. He told me that's why he told me, because he knew I'd be jealous.) When that happens, I will know for sure that I've passed on to another world.

3 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

Good job Chadwick! I am really happy for you that you finding success in your field of calling. I would call you blessed...

8:12 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Hey I enjoyed reading blogs from your blog:)Wow we have alot of Fairwoodites that have taught, are teaching, or maybe even will teach. Your parable was good too... hope you find more "humans" that have taken of the magic water....

11:19 AM  
Blogger Silas said...

Red Sox Lose This Year: (sorry but I had to do it). Better luck next year.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counters