Saturday, March 24, 2007

24 Analysis

Don't read this if you're not watching the current season of 24 and don't want secrets spilled...

I'm curious to find out who the current mole in CTU is. But I'm pretty sure I know who it's not. It can't be the Muslim chick. Forit's a common motif in 24 to have someone put under the screws and interrogated because they think they are a bad guy, only to find out later that someone has set them up. So it would be too simple to have it be her. Then again, mayble they'll throw away previous patterns and make it her just to show us that on occasion finding the bad guy can be that simple. But I doubt it...

The second good reason has to do with political correctness that the producers seem to be obsessed with. I know, I know. How can a show with Arab terrorists really be PC? The show has taken some heat I think from the PC police, for reinforcing negative Muslim/Arab stereotypes. But have you noticed how they will never come out and say which Middle East country the president is planning on nuking? Which country are Assad and Fayid from? It's always "that country that sponsors terrorism" or some other vague reference, but NEVER have they specified. I find it ironic that they have no problem portraying bad guys from China and Russia. But heaven forbid that they come out and say a bad guy is from Syria, or Saudi Arabia, or Iran, or Egypt, or whatever other Middle East country you want to name. I think it must be vague for PC reasons. I mean, who wants to offend the Syrians? But it's fine to blast the Russians and Chinese!

Despite the "negative" stereotypes in the show, I think the writers are going to make the Muslim chick innocent because that would go too far in their minds. That would portray one too many bad Muslims for them. They have made some efforts to show peaceful and well-meaning Muslims who have simply been "misunderstood" or whatever. Call it counterbalancing the bad Muslims with some "good" Muslims if you will. So I'm predicting there is no way that she will actually be guilty. It will probably be some white American (and no doubt Republican), like Milo or that new field agent Milo hates. That's my guess.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

I just watched the latest show online about two hours ago, so I'm fully able to discuss. :)

I completely agree that Nadia will be innocent, for the very reasons you mentioned. To me, Milo sticks out to me as the prime suspect because of his letting N. use his pass... maybe that enabled him to route information through her computer? It can't be Morris, because he would have no reason to let himself be tortured for information if he were already cooperating with his torturers. I don't think it could be Doyle, because he is too new and, after all, a field agent. Chloe was the one who discovered that there was a mole in the first place.

I suppose it could always be some one we've never seen before, but that would be a bit anticlimactic. On the other hand, if the mole is one of the few main characters, it will be more predictable. I guess we'll have to wait until next week to find out what REALLY happens. ;)

11:51 PM  
Blogger ljm said...

Ha, ha you sound just like Keith.

7:30 AM  
Blogger redsoxwinthisyear said...

So if it is a prime character and not Doyle, it must be Milo. If it is, he's a sly one, as he sure put on a good act pretending he is concerned for Nadia.

3:29 PM  
Blogger CKS said...

Yeah, of course it couldn't be her. The only surprise is they made sure we knew she was a registered Republican, and THEN made her innocent. That was quite a twist. I mean, Republicans are always guilty in Hollywood, right?

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counters