Monday, March 26, 2007

Not the 25th Amendment Again (More on 24)!!

Come on, writers of 24! You've already used this angle in season 2. A vice-president questions the president's ability to rule and invokes the 25th amendment to remove him from his duties? I can see this coming next week based on the previews, and am not happy about it. It's just old! It happened in season 2, also with a Palmer in the presidency! Can't you be more creative than this? It also had to do with Palmer's unwillingness to attack what turned out to be an innocent country. Are the script writers stealing ideas from their own show?

Not to say I won't be watching with as much interest as ever. But some of these story lines are getting a little old. Just too repetitive. But I will give them credit for some new twists, enough to keep me watching. I sure can't predict the outcome, even if they do use the 25th amendment.

P.S. I'm really happy that mentally challenged brother didn't die. I was so afraid he would be taken down in the crossfire with Gredenko, or pulled into the vehicle and kidnapped or something. Having him die would have been really depressing...

P.P.S. I claim success in my prediction that Nadia couldn't be guilty. Though I was surprised that it was no one. (Watch, after all this it will probably be revealed in eight episodes that she really is a mole, working deep undercover for the bad guys or something... That would be an interesting twist!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

I agree with that first "P.S." I was so worried about Brady. When he didn't dive to the ground right away, I decided I would never watch the show again if he died, but then it all turned out good. Woopdedoo.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Yeah, I was a little surprised that there was no mole, too. I say only a LITTLE surprised because, as I said before, I doubted that any of the main characters were guilty and bringing up a new character to be a mole seemed weak. However, the alternative never really occurred to me.

VP Daniels makes me think of a concentrated version of how liberals try to portray Bush. Maybe the screenwriters are just getting ideas from current events, forgetting that they already copied the same events when they were more current. :)

4:50 PM  
Blogger CKS said...

Overall, I feel like many of the twists have happened before. The president thing, as you pointed out, and then the "mole" thing where someone was wrongly interrogated--that has happened so many times. I'm pretty disappointed in general with this season...still action packed, but a little like deja vu. I want something that's never happened before and catches me totaly off-guard! Still waiting...

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counters