Sunday, April 01, 2007

Free (Pink) Lemonade Anyone?

Just thought I'd let everyone know that if they want some free lemonade, you can have it at my expense. You just have to do a little hunting in a certain Walmart parking lot for a shopping cart with a case of lemonade on the bottom level. Actually, you're probably too late. I can picture someone making the discovery and it making their day. Kind of sick that someone's day would be made by discovering an item someone forgot as they loaded up their trunk with groceries. Maybe the grocery cart guy will discover it and consider it a tip or something. Grrrr. Now I feel really stupid, upset at throwing away the 2.61 I paid for it (to my delight, I discovered upon perusing my receipt that it was on sale!), and generally bitter at the world. And I feel like I have my Mom's genes or something to forget such a thing (sorry Mom, but it's a good thing too; you know I'm your son!) Sigh. And my next sip of lemonade will be delayed for weeks, probably.

Anyone with forgotten grocery stories feel free to tell yours and make me feel better. Or maybe I'm alone in the world with my stupidity. If so, don't say anything please, and let me suffer under the illusion that someone else has once shared my pain...

5 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

hah. I once forgot a 24 pack of soda.

Now THAT hurt...

4:48 PM  
Blogger ljm said...

I left my whole purse in my cart once...but remembered soon enough after driving away to return and find it..whew!

6:02 PM  
Blogger KMS said...

Are you sure it was soda, DJ?

LJ, I left my purse at a fast food restaurant once. Came back at least a half hour later, and the teenager cleaning the dining room had turned it in and everything was intact. Boy, was I relieved!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Left my passport in the bathroom of the airport. But I remembered it pretty quick.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Kayla said...

Wow, kate, I left my passport in the bathroom of an airport too! Fortunately I soon remembered it as well.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counters