Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Acting Again

The other day I auditioned for Fiddler on the Roof. Despite my busy schedule, I decided I like the show too much to pass up a shot at a good role in the show. After the audition, I was starting to get really afraid that they were going to offer me the role of Tevye. I was scared not because I wouldn't love to play that role sometime, but because I knew they would be getting mighty desperate to cast me in such a role! Then I thought about it more and decided it would be fun to play, but it still would be a sign of not such a great cast if they had to choose me to play the role. I was happy when they offered me the role of Motel, which was my first choice going into it all. So I will soon be back on stage, singing and acting like I love to do. So I'm pretty excited!

Because I am loathe to give away my location, I will not say more. Astute bloggers who know my circle of friends will be able to make some connections... How is that for cryptic?

And I know this entry will not win any awards for best writing style or anything, but I'm too busy to try and fix it now.

8 Comments:

Blogger CKS said...

Cool!!!

Who's Tzeitl? Do you have to kiss 'er?

6:20 PM  
Blogger redsoxwinthisyear said...

I don't know who Tzeitl is. I just "hope she's pretty..." to use words from the show! :-)

As far as kissing, I don't recall ever seeing a version of Fiddler in which they kiss. Do you? I suppose this could be the show where I could try to convince the director to alter that, forsooth!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Congraturrrlations!!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I was just thinking today about whether you got a part, and I said to myself, "The best major role they could pick for [my cousin] would be Motel." How's that for prophetic!!? Congratulations!

BTW, thanks for the e-mail about the auditions, and sorry I never replied. I almost auditioned - Fiddler On the Roof is be pretty close to the ideal play to be in, in my opinion - but I decided not to due to an already hefty schedule. However, I'm glad you got in, and I can't wait to watch!

10:47 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Congrats! Sounds like fun!

1:46 AM  
Blogger CKS said...

No, I don't ever remember a kiss. I was just trying to be shocking (for once).

8:33 PM  
Blogger lis said...

Mazel tov!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Kayla said...

Hurraaay! Looking forward to another enjoyable show where I'll sit there struggling to contain my explosively proud exclamation of, "That's my ---!"

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counters