Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Cockroaches and Ghost Tours

I've had some fun over the past week plus. I found a gullible student on my floor, whom I'll call Charlie. I was wrapping up some marshmallows Charlie had left on the counter, and decided to warn him about cockroaches. Charlie is from Colorado, and although he's a world traveler and has been to about 30 countries (and his family is renovating some really old place in Greece), he didn't know anything about cockroaches. I warned him that they are vicious. They go after food, and human blood. That worried him a little. I told him he should ask another one of the RA's about his story concerning cockroaches. So off Charlie went to get the scoop. Problem was the other RA was on the phone. So I decided to fill him in. I told him this guy had woken up in the middle of the night to feel something crawling over his leg. He turned on the light to find eight cockroaches sucking on his leg. It was really bad, too. Cockroaches are harder to get off than ticks. They had to saw them off, and they had sucked a pint of blood.
A little incredulous, Charlie nevertheless swallowed the story hook, line, and sinker. Next thing I know he's bringing all of his food from his room into the kitchen area, so it'll be away from him at night. He's telling me he's going to be checking under his bed for cockroaches. And he's warning his friends across the hall about the cockroaches around. He's so convincing that they're believing him. I could hardly believe he swallowed the whole story, as I couldn't keep a straight face part of the time I was telling it. I finally relented and told him I was just joking.

We had another ghost tour this year. I reprised my role as crazy man who jumps out of the woods at students walking a dark and scary path, and then told the same story as last year (see last year's post for more details). In the woods I had people falling to the ground in fright or because they were so startled. Screams abounded. I guess several girls cried they were so scared. One told me her life really did flash before her eyes, she thought she was going to die. She was petrified. Apparently I was so terrifying that someone decided to write on a whiteboard on one of the girls floors "[my name] is mean," or something to that effect. I had fun! And that's it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

You, dear cousin, are awful! (Isn't he awful? You're just awful!) What a sense of humor! Just you wait: one of these days you're going to be fooled or scared by one of your former victims. What goes around comes around, as the saying goes!

(By the way, have you heard about the new outbreak of killer bees, bedbugs, and fleas in the Williamsburg area? I hear they're all resistant to insecticides and carry massively deadly diseases.)

11:10 PM  
Blogger Laughter said...

Yes, you are mean.

But... hahaha...

12:56 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

LOL! An amen to Aaron's first sentence. I can sympathize with those poor girls. One time about five years ago, a few girls and I were prowling around Fairwood at night (in the summer). Davey jumped out of nowhere and scared the bijabbers out of me, almost to the point of tears. Hmmm...he must be a neighbor of yours.

3:49 PM  
Blogger KMS said...

You ARE mean! Hitler III.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counters