Monday, April 23, 2007

A Lighter Moment: A.K.A. I Have Failed As a Teacher

This was laugh out loud funny for me. I hope you enjoy.

The question on a test: "In what way was the concept of total war evident in both World Wars?"

One student's answer:

"In both World Wars, women were involved either by replacing the men's jobs or by being munitions or nurses... Even propaganda was being used to have men join, or encouraging women to be munitions, or telling people to use less food."

I couldn't help but laugh. And I guess I've totally failed as a teacher. I really don't recall talking about women being launched upon the enemy in an effort to inflict massive casualties, but if that's what the student got, something has been lost in translation...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

What a breakthrough for women -- being munitions! Ha ha! That's humorously pathetic.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counters