Thursday, July 26, 2007

I Can Soon Die a Happy Man

I have decided I can die a happy man now. I'm back at my grad school working in the same program I've worked each summer for the past four summers now. And I made a Walmart strike. Twice actually. Both times I bought boxes of those impossible-to-come-by-back-home packaged peanut butter crackers. They are called Nekot cookies, and are manufactured by a company in NC. Perhaps their market has not expanded beyond states near where they are. As I previously posted about, I have not seen them in any Walmart back home. This is a tragedy. So now I have multiple boxes on hand to bring home, and feast upon there. If I'm really frugal I will be able to use them for some lunches once I start teaching again! Ahhhh. The thought brings happy feelings. I can now die in peace, now that my supply of these things is well-stocked. Well, hopefully my death won't come before this stock is fully enjoyed. But anyway, you get the point. My cup runneth over and all that...

2 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

Strike? All I could picture for a moment was that you had inspired a boycott of America's Number One Retailer and were leading picket lines of angry W & M students, waving signs and shouting slogans outside the local Mart of Wal.

Hope you don't OD on Nekot cookie/crackers, dying happily that way...

8:42 PM  
Blogger redsoxwinthisyear said...

Strike, as in with catlike tread moving in for the kill, NOT labor unrest. That's more like what some teachers in my district will threaten to do later this year, when contract up for renewal is not up to their standards...

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counters