Sunday, June 03, 2007

Tagged

Ok, I suspect that most anyone who has a blog and knows me has already been tagged. If not, I'm too lazy to tag anyone. But here are my random facts, along with the rules of this game, in case you care....

1. I eat Great Value spaghetti rings with meatballs about 3-4 lunches out of every 10. This is a cheap way to eat. I also attribute my ability to be living in my own condo to this cost-saving measure. Though it does get kind of boring sometimes.

2. I usually eat Cheezits with my spaghetti rings. I mix them with said spaghetti rings. It makes for a crunchier and tastier treat. I definitely need some way to get them down easier than just eating them on their own. I mean, wouldn't you need the same after having such a diet for the last two plus years?

3. I am irritated, because on several occasions recently when shopping at Walmart I have not found the above mentioned GV spaghetti rings w/ meatballs. They seem to be a hit or miss item. There are always plenty of GV spaghetti rings. And plenty of GV spaghetti rings with franks. But both of those are not worthy of serving even as a substitute for the delectable GV spaghetti rings with meatballs. So last time I found them I had to stock up big time on them. Then the last couple of shopping cycles they have been gone again. So now I am out, and am at a bit of a loss to know what I will eat for lunch this coming week. You would think that the law of supply and demand would mean this item would be in plentiful supply on the shelf. My purchases alone over the last two plus years should mean more of it there. But it hasn't happened. What gives?

4. I sometimes get tired of making my lunch, even if it is as easy as opening up a can of GV spaghetti rings with meatballs, putting some cheezits into a sandwich bag, and packing a yogurt and granola bar to supplement things. So I eat microwave popcorn instead as the main course for my lunch.

5. I think I might have ADD. Not because I can't focus, because I can (it's a misnomer to say that people with ADD can't focus, because they can.) But I get easily distracted. And my mind races a lot. Case in point on the distraction thing: while paying my electric bill online a few minutes ago, I got a sudden urge to empty trash cans, after spotting one of mine that was full of trash. So I went and emptied trash cans in the middle of paying my bill. This is just one example. At school it's way worse. There are about ten things I could be doing at any given time at school (I'm talking about during my prep mod or study hall, not when I'm teaching!) I often work on five of them before completing the one I started. Some might call that multitasking, and a good thing. But since I'm a guy, and guys aren't supposed to be able to multitask well, I think it must be ADD.

6. I sing for my students. Sometimes.

7. I take comfort in the fact that those with ADD have nothing to be ashamed of. It's not the same stigma as it used to be. In fact, those with ADD are usually above average in intelligence level.

8. And speaking of missing food items, I am really bothered that Walmarts where I live do not stock a particular kind of crackers and peanut butter that I could find when I went to school in Virginia. You know the packaged crackers you can get, with 8 or 12 packages per box? In VA I used to be able to find a kind that is sort of like a sweet graham cracker, with peanut butter in between. Here I have searched the packaged crackers section on multiple occasions, longing to once again taste the sweetness that those crackers are. But they are apparently not stocked in these parts, for some reason that mystifies me. I never knew that sweet crackers with peanut butter is something reserved for Virginians.

That's 8, which is above and beyond the call of duty, I do believe.

Each person tagged must list seven random facts about themselves, as well as the rules of the game on their blog. Then tag seven other people and write their names on your blog. You have to leave a comment on their blog so they know they've been tagged and have to read your blog.

5 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

GV is very hit and miss, not just on that particular item. I feel your pain.

as for Pb and crackers, why not make your own? too messy?

4:31 PM  
Blogger redsoxwinthisyear said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:38 PM  
Blogger redsoxwinthisyear said...

DJ--Not that they're too messy, but too much work. And these packaged crackers are tastier too. Just wouldn't be the same to make my own. :-)

5:39 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Bachelor food. Oh how sad.

10:28 PM  
Blogger drewey fern said...

It's not just the bachelors... I've been eating instant oatmeal for lunch four days out of five recently! Sigh. It's just too much work to put effort into food. Although I must admit, I'm getting really sick of the organic kind. Time for apples and cinnamon or something! :)

I sing for my students, too! Yay!

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counters