Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Anniversaries and Taxes

In my most recent news, I'm very busy these days. Could you have figured that out? I just finished acting in one show, I'm directing another this week, and I'll probably have a week off next week before starting in on another one.

In other news, I recently celebrated the one year anniversary on moving into my condo. Hooray! God is good. I still love living here and all that.

Though still "basking" in the anniversary glow, I received my new property tax bill today. Gulp. I got news that my taxes went up about 30 percent. Yup, you read it right. 30 percent! How crazy is that?

So I will crunch numbers in my budget, and drink less DD coffee, in hopes that I'll be able to pay the bill. On second thought, forget that, I can't stop the coffee habit when working on short nights of sleep and long days... But maybe next week...

5 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

30%!?!?! Oh man, now I'm starting to get nervous :-(

5:36 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Move to GEORGIA! The promised land! Property taxes are reasonable!

6:03 PM  
Blogger redsoxwinthisyear said...

claire--And face the prospect of teaching the Civil War to students who will claim (because after all, their parents, or maybe grandpappy told em!) that the war had nothing to do with slavery?! Thanks, but at least for now I'll take my chances with the property taxes!

8:24 PM  
Blogger redsoxwinthisyear said...

And dj, unless your town just went through its five year reevaluation, you probably won't have the face the same increase, so don't worry too much...

8:25 PM  
Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Ah, the joys of homeownership....and taxes...and, yes, taxes are really reasonable here!!! Ours was even less than we had budgeted for- nice surprise.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Counters